Our 2018 ANZAC Day Memorial Service
Hundreds of people attended the 2018 Maylands ANZAC Day Service.
Thanks to all who took part in the service including Tim Hammond (Federal Member for Perth), Lisa Baker (State Member for Maylands), Dan Bull (Mayor of the City of Bayswater) and Councillor Elli Petersen-Pik, Councillor Lorna Clarke, Councillor Catherine Ehrhardt and Councillor Brent Fleeton.
Special thanks to:
- Tim Hammond MP, Member for Perth, whose office printed the Service Booklet,
- Anglican Minister Stephen Conway for doing the service address,
- our Secretary, Roger Tomlins, for compering the service,
- Tom Little for providing the Welcome to Country, reading Victor Churchill Dale’s poem The Dark Warrior and performing Eric Bogle’s song And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda,
- our Vice-President, Marie-Louise McDermott, for reading Ian Evan’s Poem, Don’t stop.
- Sandi Giles for reading The Ode,
- bugler, Phillip Booth, for playing the Last Post and Rouse,
- our member, David Trainer for lowering and raising our flag,
- our members who helped to arrange the chairs,
- our Friendship group for preparing the wreaths presented by the MHPA and the MHPA friendship group, and
- our Committee member, John McLennan, for shooting and editing a video of the service.
Good to see so many people accepting the MHPA invitation to enjoy tea, coffee, juice and biscuits with us at the Old Police Station.
- Rifos for their donation of cups,
- Coles Maylands for donating milk, juice, napkins and biscuits, and
- our member, Judith Reudavey, for providing her home-baked ANZAC biscuits.
We thank all our members who helped serving drinks and biscuits and with the post-event cleanup, especially:
- John Healy and Minnie Giannagostino for organising the juice and water service on the verandah, and
- Angela Loucaides, Judith Reudavey and Marie-Louise McDermott for organising the tea and coffee service.