History of this church from 1910 to 1942
Opening of a jarrah church in late 1913 represented the culmination of 16 months of work by the congregation, which had been meeting in temporary premises. The building and grounds cost 680 pounds in total.
In 1916, the Maylands Baptist Church hosted the annual meeting of the ratepayers of the Perth Roads Board.
Mr. A. Duncan (one of the three remaining foundation members of the church) opened additions to the church in 1936.
The church was crowded on the Sunday night in 1938, when Mr. Alfred Reid (formerly a well-known jockey in Victoria) began his preaching campaign in Western Australia.
For more information
See our Maylands Baptist Church Flickr Album for digitised images and other digitised information.