In 1829, Captain Stirling and his men took long boats up the Swan River as far as the Upper Swan, stopping overnight at what is now Bardon Park in Maylands.
The area between the St John of God Hospital and Fourth Avenue Maylands taking in Bardon Park and the foreshore reserve was apparently once designated as an Aboriginal Reserve.
A Friends of Bardon Park group (FBPG) formed in 2016 to combat invasive weed in the Bardon Park wetlands.
In 2017, FBPG formed a 13-year partnership with the City of Bayswater, the West Australian Planning Commission and a private owner to address weeds such as pampas grass, lantana, blackberry bush and Japanese pepper tree.
Bardon Park has playgrounds, barbecues and a carpark.
Signs near the upper playground in Bardon Park describe the 6 Noongar seasons and an entry sign shows the Park’s English and Noongar names.
The riverside bikepath runs through Bardon Park.
See our Bardon Park Flickr Album for digitised images and other digitised information