The Old Bakery Cafe and Gallery occupied a site on Eighth Avenue next to the gunsmiths.
The Old Bakery has one of Perth’s largest wood fired ovens. The oven was in use from 1903
Our Association has an image of the First Baker, Georg Rossbach (Rorschback?) with his family in 1939.
Ted Aldridge was the baker from 1966 to 1968.
After 1968, the oven stayed dormant until redeveloped for use by the Woodfired Baker, whose baked goods were sold through the Old Bakery Cafe.
The back courtyard was one of the cafe’s most attractive features.
The Rotana Restaurant now operates on this site and the Woodfired Baker has a cafe on Whatley Crescent.
See our Old Bakery Cafe and Gallery Flickr Album for digitised images and other digitised information.