Before the parish of St Luke’s was established, Anglicans living in Maylands travelled to Perth or Guildford for church services.
St Luke’s foundation stone was laid by by Lieut. Governor Sir Edward A Stone on 20 October, 1906.
Sunday school was held in the local Druids Hall in 1906.
In the early 1900s, St Luke’s Anglican Church was a centre of activity in Maylands.
In 1911, a rectory was built.
On Palm Sunday 1931, the foundation stone was laid for the current church was laid by Archbishop Le Fanu.
In the 1940s, St Luke’s Anglican Church held dances at the Maylands Hall to raise money for the war effort.
In the 2000s, St Luke’s started an op-shop, a community garden and the practice of hosting ‘rainbow lunches’ for people with mental health challenges.
In 2006, St Luke’s welcomed Margaret Beach as its first female priest.
In 2016, St Luke’s celebrated 110 years of activity.
See our St Luke’s Anglican Church Flickr Album for digitised images and other digitised information.